Friday, March 7, 2014

BWO's and the New Hat Luck

Well, it was an awesome day on the water. The BWO's were coming off on Spring like no other! Trout were sipping flies all over and the fishing was great. We started our day by stopping in at TCO Fly Shop where Kev finally hung up his battery acid stained PSU Fly Fishing hat with a nice new Simms hat. Well, like I always say, buying a new hat is always good luck. That proved true today as Kev proceeded to catch beautiful bows and browns left and right. Meanwhile, I put an arm down, lost my hemostats (actually Frankies hemostats....sorry dude!), and bent my fly reel. Once I stuck one up top on a BWO, my mood instantly changed. Overall it was a great day with some great friends. Our buddy Rapp was out for the second time today trying out those flies he tied last night. He missed a few, but we couldn't get him a fish though. There's always tomorrow! Spring break started for me so I should be posting pretty frequently. Stay tuned folks!

Hot Fly: Size 16-18 BWO