Monday, March 24, 2014

Great day on the water

I took a buddy of mine out this morning to try to get him his second (and hopefully more) trout on a fly rod. He just got his first on friday and he has been dying to go out again. When we first got there, I stuck 5 wild browns on Olive Scuds, and Rapp missed one. All were very nice fish, so I was stoked. Then I got a few fat wild bows right after. I have never fought rainbows with this much power. The biggest one I caught ran me almost a quarter mile down stream! We were sprinting along the stream side as he was spooling me almost to my backing. Right after that Rapp catches a nice wild brown on a scud first cast in a new hole. He was super pumped. Our buddy Kev met up with us and right when he got there Rapp hooked a monster bow. A 20" class fish. He had it on for a while but it got off eventually. We continued to catch fish on BWO's up top all over the place. Man it sure is nice seeing Spring active again like this. Such a great day.













The rainbow that brought me to my backing


Rapps fish of the day




The wild brown above this picture took the BWO right along the bank


 Sippin on BWOs

Ty