Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Musky Galore

Well the Musky Gods have been shining down on us and we've already had some incredible action this year! Since the last musky I posted, we have fished three times. I had a follow on the river, and Moose had a follow on the lake. Then, there was tonight... I only had a short period of time to fish and I met up with my buddy Kev who has never fly fished for Musky before. We had a musky follow right off the bat, then Kev hooks into a mid 30's tiger that went ape shit! Jumped a few times but he didn't get a good strip set, and it was gone. Sounds familiar to my first encounter ;). Needless to say, he was going nuts and is hooked on Musky now. Then, shortly after, I cast my Ludwig fly on this seam and three strips in, this hybrid blows my fly up! I couldn't believe the difference in the fight between this fish and the small one I got last week. I fought it for a decent amount of time, until it tried taking me into a log jam. Kev came in and netted the beast and we went nuts! Took the fly out of the corner of the his mouth, took a few glory shots, and released it back into the wild. Didn't remember to tape it out, but I'd say it was around 40 inches. What a great night. Something about a light drizzle makes these fish go nuts.


Bow Down to the Musky Gods