Monday, September 8, 2014

The Greatest Fishing Story Ever Told

I stumbled across this on Moldy Chum the other night and I couldn't help but share this amazing story. Scott Carrier, the author of The Greatest Fishing Story Ever Told, tells of his two week journey in the remote Yunnan Province of southwest China. In search of catching a fish in the clear water running through the deep cuts of these mountains with his fly rod, he experiences some things that you simply cannot find in the States.

This story makes me want to leave town for a year or so after I pay off my school loans, and go on an adventure similar to his. Document it all in a notebook, while living off the land and fishing the worlds best trout waters. Chile, NZ, anywhere I can get my hands on really. Somewhere with a culture shock, and beautiful trout. Then, once I am ready to come home, write a book about it to share my experiences with the Fly Fishing community.

A longshot? Yes...Entirely possible? Yes...with enough motivation and a hint of crazy, anything is possible.

Either way, I highly suggest you take the time to read this awesome story.

THE GREATEST FISHING STORY EVER TOLD 

-Ty