Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chasing Browns....Furry Browns.

Well, with the spawning season upon us, we've been giving the trout a rest as much as possible. Brown, brook and rainbow trout are in full spawn right about now, and in order to preserve the resources PA has to offer, try to stay off the streams! Walking through redds and fishing for spawned out fish can be detrimental to future trout generations. Pass this info on, and find something else to curb your addictions.

Clark and I were spending all our free time bow hunting all over the state. Needless to say, the hard work paid off for me and I was able to take this beautiful 8 pointer. He came in hot rutting like a sonofabitch and was on top of me before I knew it. I grabbed my bow, and turned on my Go Pro. In all of the excitement...I hit the on button, and the shutter button at the same time, causing the settings to reset and beeping 4 times EXTREMELY loud. I thought it was over at this point, as the buck was 15 yards away. He didn't give two shits about it and came in at 10 yards. He walked behind some thick stuff, I drew, and stopped him at 8 yards. Put a rage through the cage and it was over before he knew what hit him! Ethical...just the way I like it. This is my personal best buck, and taking it with a bow makes it even more special. Still jonesin off this one. The Go Pro makes it look much bigger than it was. I scored it to 104."



20 minutes after the shot, still bugging out
So moral of the story? Get out in the woods, tie flies, do anything but harass the spawning fish.

Cheers

Ty