Sunday, January 25, 2015

The 2015 Fly Fishing Show: Somerset, NJ

I woke up early Saturday morning to the loud beeping and buzzing of my alarm clock, and rolled my ass out of bed. I proceeded to move about like a sloth for the rest of my morning routine. Then when i walked outside expecting to see the dusting to an inch that we were supposed to get i was rudely surprised to see 8" of snow and it was still dumping. I spent an hour and a half shoveling my way out. Ty was supposed to meet me but knowing he had a two wheel drive car and there was zero chance of him making it after a short phone call, I proceeded to make the trek out to Somerset. I walked into the show and as always was pumped to receive my two dollar bill as change.

 For me this place is overwhelming...I could spend a week there and never get to talk to everyone as much as I wanted to. I did a few hot laps and blasted around snapping some pictures. Eventually I got a phone call from Ty asking if if was worth the drive now that the roads were clear. Hell yes was my obvious answer. An hour and a half later he was here. To summarize everything up I met a bunch of new people and said hello to some friends and ended up with a new blue halo glass rod.





Clark