Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Life Gets in the Way

Contrary to popular belief, Fly Fishing is not the single most important thing in the world. There will always be jobs, families, and other priorities that keep us from being on the water day in and day out. Over the last year or so I have been experiencing this first hand. When I lived in State College, my schedule (and lack of motivation), allowed me to fish some of PA's finest waters 5-6 days a week. I'm not just talking about an hour here and there...I'm talking full day trips. Was it awesome?! You bet your ass it was, but it got me nothing more than some likes on Instagram and stories of eager trout.




Fast forward a year and here I am with my face buried in a Quantam Physics book thinking about the last fish I caught...my mind is blank! Pretty much a 180 degree spin from where I was a year ago. I went from full time trout bum/part time student, to full time student/part time engineer. It's a give and take type thing I guess because my joy ride would have come crashing to an end, leaving me with nothing. The beauty of Fly Fishing is that: The fish are going NOWHERE. As much as it kills me to see my dry, lonely waders sitting next to a half empty box of rusted meats, there are other things that take precedence over fly fishing. 

So if you're feeling like we are at Keystone Fly Fishing, just remember...the fish will always be there, waiting for you to come back and catch them.

Ty