Saturday, March 29, 2014

A good day fishing and some sweet hackle

I met up with my buddy Evan, from Sidling Hill Hackle, bright and early to do some "almost spring" trout fishing here in Central PA.  It was a rough morning getting to the stream, seeing as I was a little too ambitious last night at the bar.  4 hours of sleep is plenty though and the day was great!  We caught a ton of fish Czech nymphing, which was a little new for me.  I've been rocking the dry fly dropper for a while now but this stream called for the Czech. Evan gave me some pointers and we were both catching fish in no time. Golden stoneflies, BWO nymphs, and Olive Scuds were the hot flies today. No fish pics today due to the rain...sorry folks.

Once we got back to the car, Evan gave me some of his awesome hackle and I hooked him up with some Musky flies that Moose and I tied. We couldn't be happier! Talk about some serious Musky Bacon. Hopefully the Musky are lovin it as much as I am. Check out Evan's hackle at sidlinghillhackle.blogspot.com

Ty


Mmm thin mints

Musky Bacon